You have problems with the game Call of Duty², which you have obtained via Steam? Then we have a guide for you here, so that the game starts normally, even without this said black screen.
Follow the instructions step by step.
- Start the Call of Duty 2 single player mode and create a new profile.
- Quit the game and return to the desktop.
- Open your Steam folder "C:\Steam\".
- Now copy the file "Steam.dll" and "Steam2.dll".
- Open the game directory where you installed Call of Duty² "C:\Steam\steamapps\cmmon\Call of Duty²\".
- Paste here the .dll files you copied before.
- Right-click on CoD2MP_s.exe, select Properties, select the Compatibility tab and select "Run this program in compatibility mode for: Windows XP Service Pack 3"
- In the lower right corner of the screen, right-click the "Volume Mixer/Speaker Icon" and select "Recording Devices". Make sure your "default device", usually the "microphone", is ENABLED and also physically connected; if you don't have a microphone, your speakers will suffice.
You may also need to copy AppOverlay.dll and AppOverlay64.dll if you want to use the Steam overlay.
- Start COD2 Single Player at least once and create a profile.
- Windows XP SP 3 compatibility mode for CoD2MP_s.exe
- Copy Steam.dll and Steam2.dll into COD2 folder
- Microphone activated and plugged in. (default recording device)
If you want to change the resolution to 1920x1080 you have to do it in the configuration file.
D:\Steamapps\common\Call of Duty 2\main\players\Hariizy\Config_MP.cfg
seta r_mode "1920x1080"