How to install CoD2?
Call of Duty² download:
What is the root folder for CoD2?
- Default path is: -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty 2\
- For Steam is: -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Activision\Call of Duty 2\
Where to find CoD2 patches?
- Go to -> https://team-akuma.de/filebase…call-of-duty-2-patch-1-3/
- Steam starts the installation of the patch automatically.
- Start the installation of the patch by clicking on the (exe) file.
Note: For patches 1.2 and 1.3!: Make sure you have "iw_15.iwd" placed to ...\Activision\Call of Duty 2\main\
How to fix blackscreen on Multiplayer start?
- Find "CoD2MP_s.exe" in the CoD2 root folder.
- Right Click and go to Properties ~ Compatibility.
- Set Compatibility Mode as "Windows XP Service Pack 3" and set "Run as administator".
Note: If it won't help try the topic "How to fix error on Multiplayer start?"
How to fix error on Multiplayer start?
- Download and install Realtek Audio -> https://www.realtek.com/en/com…ion-audio-codecs-software
- If you don't want to install, simply enable your microphone.
- Enable Realtek Audio in your Recording Devices after the installation.
How to fix error on Singleplayer start?
- Download this dll file: https://team-akuma.de/files/cod2/cod2Map.dll
- Place it to your CoD2 root folder.
How to fix the Punkbuster error?
- Download this: https://team-akuma.de/files/cod2/punkbuster_issues.rar
- Unpack and place pb folder to your CoD2 root folder.
If you are playing on Steam
- Make sure you have "Steam.dll" in CoD2 root folder.
- Get it if you don't have (https://team-akuma.de/files/cod2/Steam.dll)
Are there any servers to join?
- You can check this in Our Call of Duty 2 servers - News and Info - Team Akuma (team-akuma.de) - You can use Servers Live Tracker: -> http://www.mega-gameserver.de/…meserver.de/TeufeL_design- Use servers IP:Port to join there.
How to join a server with IP?
- Run CoD2 and open the console (Tilde button below Esc).
- Copy and paste the IP:Port into /connect command (e.g. /connect 22.214.171.124:28960).
- If the console is not working, go to Options -> Game Options -> Switch "Enable console" to Yes.
Where is the config located?
- Default path is: -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty 2\main\players<your_profile_name>\config_mp.cfg
- For Steam is: -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Activision\Call of Duty 2\main\players<your_profile_name>\config_mp.cfg
Note: Please note that the location is subject to change. Servers that use a mod folder use a different location.
How to change FPS?
- First type /cg_drawFPS 1 to show FPS then type /com_maxfps 250. - Most common values for FPS: 125, 250, 333.
- If your FPS is stuck at some number then go to Options -> Graphics -> Switch "Sync Every Frame" to No.